Outdoor cabinets are used to place telecommunications equipment, maintain the required temperature throughout the year and prevent unauthorized access to the equipment.
As part of this project, TECO has produced the following types of outdoor cabinets:
- floor-standing outdoor cabinets 20U with air conditioner or with forced and exhaust ventilation (Hardware cabinets);
- floor-standing outdoor cabinets 10U and 20U (Battery cabinets);
- wall-mounted outdoor cabinets 8U and 15U (Hardware and Power cabinets).
The project also involved the installation of an access monitoring and control system in combination with software.
The main technical characteristics and advantages of TECO outdoor cabinets:
- Design options - wall-mounted and floor-standing. The model range is 8U and 15U (wall-mounted), 10U and 20U (floor-standing);
- Cabinets are all-welded, with side walls and doors designed as a sandwich panel. The integral heat transfer coefficient of the cabinet body does not exceed 2 W/m2;
- Cabinets are vandal-proof. The outer walls of the cabinets are made of 2.0 mm sheet steel;
- Heat insulation - rock wool, non-flammable class;
- Protection degree IP55
- Maximum permissible distributed static load - 650 kg;
- The doors are equipped with a universal locking system;
- The server-installed monitoring system provides for remote analysis of information and control of equipment through Ethernet and GSM;
- Security and fire alarm system;
- Electric energy meter;
- Shelves for installing batteries / 19” rack.
The 220/380V AC electrical distribution panel includes: automatic circuit breakers of various ratings, a surge protection device, modular contactors, cable and wire lines with copper conductors with various sections.
The DC distribution system is designed to connect telecommunications equipment with a "-48 V" power supply and includes: automatic circuit breakers of various ratings, contactors, cable and wire lines with copper conductors with various sections.
The DC power supply system is designed to provide power to the telecommunications equipment and includes: the main frame of the system, rectifier modules, built-in rectifier control and alarm module, priority and non-priority contactors.
The monitoring and remote control system includes:
- central data collection and transmission unit with various interfaces for external devices;
- a set of data acquisition and control units, power relays and relay units;
- a set of sensors for various purposes (temperature sensor, flooding sensor, shock sensor, door opening sensor, etc.), providing monitoring of the operating status of equipment installed in the cabinet.
The fire alarm unit includes: smoke sensor installed in the working area of the cabinet. The signal of the smoke sensor triggering is transmitted through the monitoring and remote control system.
Depending on the internal volume and installed equipment, the climate control system in the cabinets consists of:
1. Heating systems:
- Fan heaters / Peltier thermoelectric air conditioners
2. Cooling systems:
- Thermoelectric cooling systems (Peltier thermoelectric air conditioners);
- Forced-and-exhaust ventilation system (FreeCooling);
- Air conditioning system with emergency ventilation.
Operating conditions: external temperature range: –45…+50°С. Heat insulation - rock wool, non-flammable class (for floor-standing cabinets) and foil (for wall-mounted cabinets).