Stable operation of the base station requires to maintain the exact temperature conditions inside it. The effective functioning of high-frequency telecommunications equipment requires two factors: timely discharge of heat and clean air with a given level of humidity at the station. Therefore, a correctly functioning microclimate system is indispensable.
Climate systems account for a large share in the network’s energy consumption, that is why TECO has developed a modern Free Cooling system for Kyivstar. This system complies with all the latest trends in energy saving at base stations of cellular communication and allows reducing the total costs for temperature control up to 90%.
TECO offered a comprehensive solution for optimizing network climate control systems:
- Development and production of a system of forced and exhaust ventilation (climate system Outdoor PVV-2000);
- Installation and commissioning;
- Development of software for centralized management of the climate system of the network;
- Company’s staff training in working with equipment and software.
- Complete information and technical support for the Monitoring System and Software.
The use of traditional air conditioners leads to high energy costs. The climate control unit Outdoor PVV-2000 (FreeCooling System 2000 m3/
hour) helps save energy and reduce operating costs. The main goal of the FreeCooling system is to cool the equipment inside the telecommunications container. The system operates according to a predetermined algorithm — cold purified air is injected into the room, at the same time displacing warm air. According to this principle, the room is cooled without the use of air conditioning and other refrigeration equipment. The climate control unit Outdoor PVV-2000 (FreeCooling system 2000 m3/
hour) is mounted in a base station container of a mobile operator’s telecommunications network.
Advantages of the climate control unit Outdoor PVV-2000:
- Correct temperature conditions for equipment inside the container;
- Economic power consumption;
- Maintenance of uninterrupted, stable operation of telecommunication equipment installed in a container;
- Built-in memory module with data recording up to 30 days;
- Reading of the electricity meter data and their further transfer;
- Ethernet, GSM support and integration into the software on the server;
- Voltage - 48 V or 220 V +/- 10%;
- Low noise level;
- Vandal-proof design due to a hidden fastening system;
- TECO CFT control system;
- Increased service life of heat-sensitive equipment;
- Wide operating temperature range from -40°С to +55°С
- Moisture protection degree - IP 55
- Ability to control air conditioners of any manufacturer.
The project also involved the development of the Remote control and monitoring system, as well as server software for centralized collection, analysis and remote control of the main parameters of the System.